Cosmetic Fat Grafting
Safe and Effective Fat Transfer to Breasts, Face and Other Areas
Macquarie Cosmetic Medicine has been performing cosmetic fat grafting procedures for over 15 years. Many doctors like to use implants, but not us! Fat is a wonderful part of the body – as long as it is in the right areas. Think about it. How would your breasts look without fat tissue? What about your buttocks, or under your eyes? These are the areas where fat is vital. If your fat stores are in an undesired part of the body, such as the thighs, abdomen or love handles, we can take it from there and transplant it into an area where you will love your fat! Our Sydney clinic offers fat transfer to breasts and fat transfer for the face, among other areas.
The Benefits of Cosmetic Fat Transfer
At Macquarie Cosmetic Medicine in Sydney, our fat transfer procedure involves removing fat cells from problem areas and re-injecting them into the areas that have lost fat to help create a more youthful appearance.
As our surgeons are using your own fat during the fat transfer to breasts, face or other area, the allergic reactions and side effects caused by the introduction of foreign materials such as implants or injections are avoided. Many patients prefer this treatment, as it alleviates any worries they have about synthetic materials while allowing them to achieve the look that they desire with a shorter recovery time.
Fat Grafting Applications
A wide range of body parts and concerns can be treated using a cosmetic fat transfer procedure. The most common are:
- Scars: Using liposuction, fat is taken from a donor area such as the buttocks or the thighs and is injected beneath the skin surface to elevate depressed surgical and acne scars, helping to make scarring less noticeable. This procedure is also known as microlipoinjection or autologous fat transplantation. Risks are minimal and the entire process usually takes about an hour.
- Breasts: Not entirely happy with the fullness or size of your breasts and want to do something about them so you feel better within yourself? Using the same autologous fat transplantation procedure described above, fat can be injected into the breast to give fuller and uplifted looking breasts. The end result will look and feel completely natural.
- Face: As a person ages, they begin to lose fat from their face, resulting in a loss of ‘fullness’. Fat transfer for the face can fill in the hollowness of the temples, cheeks, brows and folds to create a more youthful appearance and remove the “gaunt look”. Because the procedure uses the person’s own fat – it’s just being moved from one area of the body to the other – it is 100% natural, requires no surgical incisions into the face for a shorter recovery time, and leaves behind no scarring at the end.
- Hands: Wave goodbye to the skeletal look that can develop on the back of ageing hands with the help of fat grafting. Fat transfer is the completely natural way to rejuvenate your hands, giving them the smoothness they once enjoyed before the natural process of ageing drew away their fat and took away their fullness.
- The Brazillian Butt Lift (BBL): If you’re looking for nice, plump and round buttocks (i.e. a booty), the Brazilian Butt Lift is for you! If you’re looking for a simpler smaller buttock shape, this procedure can still be used – it just means we use a smaller volume of fat. The fat grafting procedure is simple – we remove extraneous fat from an area of the body that can afford to lose it, and transfer it to your buttocks for a bootylicious behind.
Learn More Today
Whether you’re interested in learning more about fat transfer for the face or you want to discuss fat transfer to breasts, contact Macquarie Cosmetic Medicine in Sydney today. We can answer any questions you may have and provide you with more information about cosmetic fat transfer.